short term volunteer opportunities
There are many ways to help make a difference as a short-term volunteer. Individuals and groups are welcome. Some examples of ways to volunteer include:
- Day of Caring volunteer projects such as landscaping, working in the learning garden, painting, cleaning, or general upgrade.
- Sharing a special talent with a classroom of children (playing a musical instrument, science projects, drama, sewing, cooking, lap-reading, different art medium, etc).
- Collecting items to donate that could support the program (diapers, art supplies, paper, cleaning supplies, food, paper-towel tubes, children’s clothing, etc.).
- Help at a fundraising or development event.
- Fold and sort children’s clothing in the clothing closet.
- Providing resources for families or the program.
- Providing a parent training in anarea of expertise (employment assistance, dress for success, nutrition, parenting, literacy, etc.).
Please contact the Development Coordinator Kersten Elenteny at 860-445-8151 to talk about the kind of volunteer skills you or your organization might be able to share with Riverfront. We look forward to hearing from you!